Boring Beads

I started out my day (yesterday) with the best of intentions…my idea of making fringe bracelets came to a halt when I couldn’t find the beads I envisioned. I knew I had a strand in the bead room but I couldn't remember where I put them. So instead of tearing my bead room apart again, I hit the torch. Nothing great and wondrous, just basic/boring, not visually busy lampwork beads.

What happens when I make these fringe bracelets with busy lampwork beads? It’s a riot of color. Which is great if someone is wearing a solid color or low impact patterned clothing. If they aren’t, it’s kinda of a visual overload. Much like wearing a flowered sofa throw and a Tiffany lampshade on your head (when you are stone cold sober). Ok, I’m exaggerating, but you get the point. I don’t know about you, but I’ve made that fashion mistake before. (Those are the times you wished somebody told you before you walked out of your house.)

I don’t know about you but sometimes I like wearing patterns. Plus I like wearing jewelry too but I get bored with the basic sterling bangles and such.

Here's my boring beads below:






All of these beads were made with Gaffer or Pi glass as a base, with frit or stringers pulled from either Reichenbach or Zimmerman rods. Some have silver leaf and some don't.

Have a happy and creative day!!!! I'm off to the studio!

~Moon