Lookie' what the Kiln Fairy brought me...

I'm in the process of packing for an out of town trip so I know I won't be on the torch until I get back. I had to make the most of my torch time. So I made comfort beads. Everyone has things that they do that they enjoy. Some folks do needle work, or bake, or drink...I make beads.

The below is a strand that was torched for a jewelry design that I'm working on. I had to turn up the propane to get the metalic touches on some of these beads. I wanted them to have an Art Deco look to them. When I get back, I will make them in to a set of a necklace, bracelet, and a pair of earrings.

The below is one of my favorite color combos to work with. They turned out OK, not some of my best work but I had a hellve' good time making them.

The Kiln Fairy decided to be good to me again. I’ve been working on focals, experiments for the Kaleidoscope Series.

The below is one that kinda works…it looks more like a caterpillar. Which wasn’t my intention, but I think it has more to do with the colors that I chose. Al’well, I have a jacket that it will look great with, so I’ll just keep it for me.

The below is one I like, even though it a PITA to take pictures of. It will look much better as a piece of jewelry than just a plain bead. The two little beads are the matching earrings for the focal.

The below looks much better in person than in the picture. It's really very kewl. This is a prototype of what I think I want to use for the series.



Ok...that's it for lampwork eye candy. I won't have many more for a couple of weeks. I'm taking a trip to visit my parents and to look at property in the Ohio area. I'm still debating with myself what my next business move will be. Do I want a gallery or do I want a studio in an artist hub. There are pros and cons to each. I just don't know yet, I guess time will tell.

It's off to the dentist for me (AGAIN)...ya know, I really don't like crowns...I like root canals even less...BUT I like to eat so that is the price that I pay.

Have a happy creative day!

~Moon