Playing with frit and reduction glass

The below was a color test of a new lampwork bead set that I'm thinking about making. I like it but there are a couple things that can be improved on. I just haven't decided if I like it or not. Anyway...here it is. It's just large enough for a bracelet and maybe some matching earrings. It's all 96 COE with lots of reduction glass and silver.

I got some new glass in yesterday and made spacers to figure out what the color of the glass is. Just because it is one hue when in cane form doesn't mean that's the same color when it hits the flame. The flame or the heat of the kiln can change many glass colors. Copper Ruby, for example, has to be in the kiln for at least an hour before it strikes. BUT if you leave it in there too long, it gets very dark to the point it looks black. Since I have a long ramp period on my kilns, I have to do small sets at the end of my torch session. If I decide that the 'glass is flowing', I let that kiln ramp down and use another kiln.

Have a great day...I'm off to the studio. Got lots to do!!!!

~Moon