Top Social

Cheslie

Monday, August 20, 2007
Saturday (8-18) was a terrible day. We woke up to Cheslie panting and we couldn't calm her down. We thought one of the storms may of upset her. Anyway, after a hour of trying to calm her down...Bob rushed her to the doggie ER.
The doc did an O2 sat and it was down to the low 80's so they put her on O2. Thinking that it may of been some sort of lung infection, they took a chest X-ray. Cheslie's entire one lung was a cancer mass with many smaller sized masses. Well, to make a long story short...we made the decision to put Cheslie to sleep.

It was like losing a friend, she had been with me though my first marriage, my divorce, meeting Bob, marrying Bob, and moving to Texas. I never thought just how much I would miss her until I was sitting on the deck having my coffee. She was always there, doing her doggie thang. It's the simple things that make me miss her.

~Moon
Be First to Post Comment !
Trudy Jewell said...

Moon, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jodie said...

Moon--my thoughts are with you. Focus on all the good times you had with her.

Jeanine said...

Hi, Moon

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved Cheslie. She was a beautiful dog and a beautiful friend.

Anonymous said...

Moon
I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Losing a pet is always difficult and I can tell that Chelsie was a special dog.

Peggy from Ohio

Cindy said...

Moon
I was so sad to visit your site and hear about you losing your special friend. That top picture of Cheslie is so cute with the little leaf on her nose. I know she will be sorely missed.

~ Cindy

Sooz said...

Moon -
So sorry to hear about Chelsie.
I saw her picture and thought immediately of my dog Tessie who went to the Rainbow Bridge in March of this year.
I feel your pain and hope you know she if frolicing in Doggie Heaven.