Rant...non-bead related...I think Saudi Arabia sucks!

From the BBC:
"An appeal court in Saudi Arabia has doubled the number of lashes and added a jail sentence as punishment for a woman who was gang-raped." Here's the rest of the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7096814.stm

Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder if there is any justice in the world. I know that our justice system isn't perfect but I count my blessings everyday that I live in America.

This is sick...the kid was only 19 y/o. (I read this info from another news article)

Actually it's more than sick...it's a nightmare. What's even worse is that the odds are that she will be an outcast with no marriage in her future. In totally male dominated culture, her family will have to support her...it they choose to. If not, then what happens to her?

Why do we support these countries???? Just how much US moola Saudi Arabia receive??? How much of that aid goes to the people of that country????? It doesn't seem like the female section of the population get much. I understand that we, as Americans, should not push our 'evil American ways' upon other countries....but it's situations such as this make me wonder why our govt supports any country that doesn't have the common sense to view women as a human beings.

I'm off my soapbox...I'm off to write some letter to my 'elected officials'. Which makes me feel better now but makes me a bit queasy when I get their form letter response.

~Moon