Top Social

Curmudgeons Series...Lampwork Beads...Anytimes

Tuesday, September 30, 2008
While waiting on several of my glass orders…I’ve been racking my brain to come up with beads that are colorful, plus have a unique yet wearable design, and that designers enjoy working with. Plus beads that I enjoy making too. I think I’ve come up with a new long term series (like my Dish series)….Curmudgeons.

The lampwork beads are in a rondel shape and have a ‘nothing matches’ favor. They mix with both natural stones and metals. Plus they add COLOR to jewelry designs without being overpowering…each bead being a piece of the entire story. I use a treasure trove of different colors of glass…lots a reactive and odd lots…then add frits, twisties, and a dash of metals. All for visual drama.

This flow of Curmudgeons is called “Anytimes.” The hues are season-less…there’s something for everyone at anytime of the year.





I won't repeat any of the color schemes of the series...it's kinda like, what you see is what I have. I will be repeating this design in the future though. Also, for those that like etched beads...yeah, these would look wonderful etched.

The Anytimes will be posted onEtsy something today...I have a total of 18 sets in this color scheme. I guess I better get busy. :-)

On a personal note...thanks everyone for all your Birthday greetings!!!!

Have a happy, creative day!
~Moon
Be First to Post Comment !
Linda said...

Moon, these are just gorgeous! I especially love the orange color in the top two, beautiful beautiful.
Linda

Caly's Jewelry Creations said...

I second that...! The first 2 sets are my favorites as well...!! They would look yummy with copper...!
Ok, I'd love to know about etching....You can etch your lampwork...?? I have etching cream...tell me it isn't so...?!
Hugs!
Dawn