Yes, We Can

Grant Park in Chicago, 11/04/08...

It's said that a picture is worth a thousand words...Obama with the Boss and his son, Sam in Cleveland, OH on 11/3/08.
"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." -Obama

"This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:
Yes We Can. "
-Obama

Now the hard work begins...it's not just up to Obama to clear up this mess...it's up to all Americans.

On January 20, 2009, there will be a new resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Mmmm...btw, I wonder if the White House has any equity left with the current housing issues????


Time to go home Palin!
My greatest fear that I would be represented by this 'pro-life, gun slinging, red-neck, and six-pack Joe type' of person on a National level. Of all the things that has happened in the last 24 hours, I know that Palin is out of the picture, at least for a while.
I rarely write about political happenings on my blog...it's more for eye candy and light chatting....but there are times that I am so thrilled that it seems to run over into my blog as well. On the personal level, eyeball to eyeball, I have great respect for all people's opinions and work very hard to see from their eyes. There are just times, I just don't get it. Like I just don't get Palin.
On the other hand, if you ask my opinion...I will be more than glad to give it to you. Even though you aren't asking this time...here's how I feel about Palin. I am a well educated, middle class, middle aged, main streeter, white Independent female, that is appalled by Palin's platforms. By no means do or ever have wanted a Dick Cheney in a dress to represent me. What I'm so appalled about isn't just the attitudes but what these platforms could bring to the future. I'm not going into it further, it's over and done with. Time to move on.
Since I've moved to back to Indiana from Austin...it's been a culture shock. (don't get me started on that tangent, I'll be at the keyboard all day) But to see Indiana turn a lovely shade of PURPLE...I feel that there is hope.
My opinion that it's now Rainbow Rules and Geek Power will start having the most influence within our country...it will shape a new face of American policy and leadership.
So tomorrow, it will be back to more eye candy!
I'm off to make beads...this evening I will be uploading some bead sets on Etsy!!!
So have a happy, creative day!!!
~Moon