Lampwork and Metal Necklace...plus a bit of a rant

I haven’t been on the torch as much as I would like. It’s been a combo account of the lack of motivation and the cold. I knew moving from Austin would take a lot to get used to but…I had forgotten just how cold it get here compared to Texas. I’m freezing most of the time. I physically adjust to the warm, humid weather. Bob really didn't because he traveled so much.

Yes, I know that I will adjust and it just takes time but for right now, I’m still a bit grumpy. The grey skies get to me to. I miss the sunshine. Geez, I miss a lot of the people…the diversity…the educational level of conversations…the shopping (open markets)…the super fast, high speed Internet connections…sitting on my back deck in December without being wrapped up in a coat and long johns.

Now there are lots of things that I DON’T miss about Austin too. Like…the SUPER lousy traffic…all the traffic accidents when it rains…the snakes…drought and brown grass…being so far from my parents...the mongo sized bugs…always getting lost...not seeing the four seasons come into play…not staying in contact with my Midwestern friends...well there’s more. Both places have their pros and cons…don’t get me wrong. It just takes a bit to adjust. I guess I’m in my adjustment phase.

The biggest issue is that I didn’t count for the space I needed for my studio. Yep, you heard it before we moved and now you are hearing it again. What it comes down to is that I made a mistake. So next year, that issue is on the top of my list. More on that later. So once the studio moves (again) out of the house and I get used to the weather...I think life will be fine.


The above necklace is sample...something that I'm working on but not yet complete. It's one of my ideas that hasn't yet come full circle.
On the positive side, it's something that I would wear BUT the leaf is Bali Silver. OK but not what I'm going for. Yes I do metalsmithing but I'm thinking that PMC would be a better option for some of the pendants. I also think that some silversmithing is also in order...handforged clasp...maybe even some sterling tube beads. Then I'm also thinking about some beaded beads as well. Just thought you might like to see what I'm been playing with. If you have any ideas or comments...just get me a shout.
OK...I really am missing the torch so I'm off!
Have a happy, creative day...and stay warm and safe!
~Moon