More Eye Candy...lots of MORE lampwork beady dudes

I took a break from my 'Color Gizmzo' series to work on a few ideas. One of them was fuming. I love the patterns in these. I would say that these are some of the nicest that I've made so far. My whole intention was to come up with lampwork that works well with stone beads. Yeah, I know you heard me say that time after time but...it really isn't that easy. Most soft glass comes in colors that are more candy are garden hued.

So what happens is that I then have to come up with interesting but not organic looking jewelry. I also really like using lots of coral and turquoise. Not matter what they say, turquoise doesn't go with everything. :-)

The above has lots of 'stone' looking trails...where below has a blueish haze to it.

Now to another mini series. I LOVE the shape...it's a slim spree, that measures 21mm by 9mm thick. That makes them very chunky but light in weight. I've made several bracelets from these and ...well, they sold quickly. What I like about the shape is that work well for ascetically off center designs. I can use three beads at the base of the bracelet, then add several strands of smaller gemstones on the other half. The lampwork will keep the bracelet centered and laying well on the wrist plus will take most of the wear and tear. Lampwork, if annealed correctly, is Timex. Where stones like opal, coral, amber, or any of the copper based stones aren't.



The above and below, sans silvered glass but with lots of fine silver...


Below...I added some silvered glass...love that metallic sheen...







Here's another one...I only made a handful of these. I will get these up on Etsy sometime today.


Thank you to all those that jumped on the last Etsy listings. I didn't expect you to be so quick.
Currently I'm working on some experiments...barrel shaped with enamels. There are colors that enamels come in that I can't find in glass rods...any glass rods with the COEs that I work with. I pretty much keep to a 96 or 104 COE shop. I've got the big girl panties torches to work with boro but I've never been drawn to do so. I might venture into boro in a couple of months but with so many different types of soft glasses, I don't know yet.
Right now I'm working on beady designs that work within my jewelry designs. Yeah, I'm still making beads for ya'all but I'm also slowing down a bit too. I keep some....but what that's doing is also changing some of my color schemes and pushing me to add different shapes. There are certain shapes that make GREAT beads but I'm not sure how to used them in to wearable jewelry designs within my own style. I've seen some lovely pieces of jewelry out there but they just don't met with my comfort level. Wearability is a big deal to me. There's no use in having a piece of art jewelry that isn't comfortable to wear...and that can be worn for years. Fashion colors may change but certain styles are classic.
Ok, I've ran off via fingertips...I'm off to get my Etsy shop re-stocked.
Have a happy, creative day! Stay warm and safe!
~Moon