Top Social

New Lampwork Set...silvered glass and it's perils

Monday, December 21, 2009

What I've discovered is that my style of bead sets does not lead well to silvered glasses.  Having a kiln full of focals doesn't do it for me.  The problem is that I like making sets...I like using sets in jewelry designs.  So I'm on a mission the next couple of weeks.  I'm going to figure out how to merge my glassy style for sets or change my style.  The way I figure it is that my style can change way before I can change what silvered glass does.  Lampworkers, just as any other medium, is sometimes limited by their raw materials...but in this case, I think it's the lampworker that is limiting herself. :-) 

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry!  Me, I'm deciding if I want to drive to the studio or not. 

Later Gators!
~Moon
Be First to Post Comment !
Cindy said...

Hi Moon
Congrats on your article in the Indianapolis Star!!! What cool picture of you! That must have been a nice surprise.
Thank you for checking in on me in white winter wonderland over here. I'm finally making my way out and driving in the snow...like you, I'm not too keen on it - but the kids love it and got out of school for Christmas break early.
Your new silvered set is incredible...that focal is awesome!
Cindy