Where I've been...mixed media postcards

Why I’ve not been around…


As you can tell by my lack of posts and new bead sets, a few things are happening in my life right now. Mostly it’s my hands. After mucho doctors visits, lab tests, x-rays, and even an EMG. It’s been a series of ‘what it not is’ to narrow it down to bilateral carpal tunnel. After a cortisone injection and wearing splints at night, I’m in the waiting game. I’m still having issues on the torch…sure I can make beads but not at the quality I was two months ago. So I’m taking a break and working on 2-D Mixed Media for a bit.

Now be kind...it's been a while since I've painted.  Right now I'm stuck on watercolor and ink that has been mixed with acrylic. 

The process starts with Arches 140lb watercolor paper...then inks and waterpaints are applied as a wash…the sealed. Then the creative process kicks in with more inks and paint. Then I seal them again in a matte. These aren’t framed yet so the actual final look will be a bit different under glass.


Since I’m a beadmaker at heart…I plan to work small and work with color.  Yep, the below is still a bit raw and unrefined but give me time...I think that I will come up with something...if not, it's keeping me busy while the docs finger out if I'm surgery bound or not.



These are small...about 4x6 inches.  The whole idea is for this type of work to be displayed in groupings. 

Anyway, that's my story...more updates later.

Later Gators!
~Moon