On a Wire I-Mini Series-Smallworks Mixed Media

Beginning of a new series from my Smallworks, called On a Wire.  They are small, 5X7 matted...they fit right into a 5X7 frame, easy peasy.  They are made to hang in groups, so I will do several small series.  
I've used watercolor, ink, and acrylic on Arches 140 lb paper.  I've been playing with 300 lb paper but I'm finding that the pieces really need to be over 8X10 or it's a PITA to frame.  Just too thick with a mat. 

Today, I got an order from Clearbags...yep, supplier alert...today.   I've now got enough mats, backboards, and bags to create 400 Smallworks.  That's a lot of mini paintings. I figured, if I was going to do this, I am going to do this. :-)  I got a great deal on the mats but I needed to pick up the backboards and bags. I've also got two shows scheduled for next year. Both one woman, me.  One in January and the other in March.  So I really need to also start working on some of my larger pieces.  I've recently gotten into 12X24 and 20X20 cradle boards.  Now I've got to get the pictures done.

The thing is, I really like this smaller pieces...not as much in the way of painting the piece, but I can scan them and don't have to find the camera. :-) 

Ok...have a happy, creative day!
~Moon