New Scanner...New Watercolor SmallWorks

 
  With all the snow and ice, I was stuck inside playing with my new scanner. I got an Epson Perfection V33...it's a wonderful photo scanner and not expensive at all.  I've just got to learn how to use it now. 

The above and below are part of my Window Series.  They are small, 4X6, on Arches 300lb watercolor paper, and matted out to 5X7.  The whole idea for these mini watercolors is that they are affordable, collectable, and colorful.  They are made for groupings but they look great on a bookshelf or a couple in a bath. 



Yes, I do larger pieces but with the current economy and as an unknown painter…many people want to buy smaller/cheaper work of the artist to test it out. That’s OK with me. The other thing is that 5X7 to 11X14 are rather easy to ship. Which after the move from the studio is complete, the two shows that I’m hanging at are done, and I decide on the few shows that we will be doing…then it will be time to work on Artalope, the second website and open up the second Etsy shop as well.


The website and shop has been already reserved…now I’ve got to come up with the time to get it up and running. There sometimes, just not enough time in a day. I also just got back to the torch after months and months of being idle. When my hands don’t do what I want them to do, it’s frustrating. I also found that pushing too hard, is painful. That I could live with...it's the numbness that got to me.   I'm happy to say, that it mostly comes and goes now.

The above is from my Heart on a String Series...again, they are small.  I've done some larger as well. 

Ok...I've got to get some things done and hit the torch.  It's been almost a week since I've been out there.  There just isn't enough room in the garage for both the car and me.  It gives me the willies and it's just not a good idea.

Later Gators!!!
~Moon